Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cupcake wo tabemasu ka?. . .




Last Sunday, we had a humble little gathering to celebrate my nephew's 9th burthday! Hooray! He's so cute. Actually, both of my nephews are cute, don't get it twisted.

I went to the grocery store and bought a six-pack of colorful, clown-clad cupcakes. I love cupcakes, by the way. One of these days, I'm going to dedicate an entire blog to my small obsession with the adorable, perfect little tasty treats... but not today (I thought about it though, I'd call it "The Cupcake Factor" or something very serious sounding like that... Anyway...). I also went to el dollar store and bought both nephews a spiderman helium balloon, spiderman wall-hanging basketball hoop and also a pack of red balloons, which I blew up and spread all over the floor to give things that added "party" affect, you know? And I don't know when was the last time I actually blew up balloons and tied them and all that, but I got light-headed pretty quickly. And the actual rubber on the balloons tasted horrible! I've clearly gotten too old for that. Suffice it to day, I didn't make it through the whole pack...

Long story short (I guess), things turned out great! The boys had fun, I had fun, they ate a cupcake, I had like, three, and life was grand.

In other news, I've finally started to seriously plan my trip to Japan!! Wooooo!!..... MAN this is way overdue. I feel as if I've been saying, "yeah, I'm planning a trip to Japan," for two years now. So pathetic. Anyway, I'm officially buying plane tickets for my travelling buddy Maddy and I this Saturday. We've already booked a couple hotels and are looking into places we want to go. I've even started memorizing key phrases like, "eiga ga dekimasuka?" Do you speak english? And, "sumimasen, nihongo wa amari hanasemasen," I'm sorry, I don't speak much Japanese! And also, "Baka!! Anata no mae wa zakari ni deshita!!!!" Take your hand out of my pocket fool!!!! Haha! I'm just kidding, I made that last part up. I don't know how to say that in Japanese... it'd be funny to learn it though...
Here are some of the places we've booked so far so you can get an idea of where we'll be staying (click on the bold wordage):

***
This is where we want to stay (haven't booked yet) in
Hakone, near Mt. Fuji.
***
Our Ryokan in Kyoto:
***
Back to Tokyo, our capsule inn hotel:
(We're only staying here for one night, for obvious reasons...)
***
Lastly, this is where we may stay in central Tokyo.
***
I'll probably provide more news on this as it unfolds...
***
So it's actually Valentine's Day as I type this out (hopefully I'll publish today as well). So Happy Valentine's Day! I don't have a Valentine this year, but I'm certainly not one of those bitter girls who hates the holiday. I think it's cute, actually. But in the spirit of Valentine's Day, here's a report on my last date:



We went to Lucky Strike for bowling, which ended up being $31 for two games!!! I couldn't BELIEVE it! Who charges $31 for bowling?? I was waiting for the balls to sprout legs and do the soldier boy or something for that much money! ZOOOOOOOM. Anyway... it was a decent time. He then took me to my favorite restaurant, Godaiko, (and I really need to start picking a new place to have guys take me. I show up there every other week with a different guy and I always have the same waiter... ugh...). But overall, it was OK. He was attractive, nice, but there was no spark. No pizzazz. No real chemistry. Ah well.

Until next time! xoxo
This blog entry features Asami Izawa's
Instrumental version of "Fly Away." Listen to it as you read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you for getting your Japan trip in the final planning stages! Hey your hair looks cute in the bowling pic:-)

omnichelle said...

Thanks B! I'm excited too. I get so excited sometimes, I can't do anything else but stare at my plane ticket receipt or manically read through my Japan books. Even when I'm at work, I just can't focus... it's pretty bad. I owe you a phone call too. I'll call today. :)