Monday, January 21, 2008

Fabulously Exhausted...

After spending this past weekend driving in a car for a total of about 30 hours and going to two funerals back to back, the weekend prior seems like a dream. Isn't life funny like that? One minute you're partying it up with your Juicy Couture clutch and three-inch heels and the champagne is flowing and you're rubbing elbows with Detroit's finest, the next minute you're sitting in, perhaps the first church ever constructed in York, Alabama for a funeral, well, two.... *sigh* Anyway, for the sake of keeping this entry upbeat, lets focus on events that took place two weekends ago, shall we?
* * *


In all her networking glory, my sassy friend Josee got me a ticket to one of the premiere events of Auto Show season: The GM Style Party. Absolutely amazing! Delicious food, free drinks (although I don't usually drink... I had a glass of champagne or two because, well, hell! I was at the GM style party!), celebrities, fun people, hot models, fast cars... What more can you ask for, right?
* * *

* * *

At the event, Mary J. Blige, Maroon 5 and Kid Rock all performed. Reverend Run of Run DMC and MTV reality show "Run's House," also made a special appearance and performed Walk This Way with Kid Rock. Russel Simmons and Jeff Gordon also randomly showed up. One of the designers showcased was also William Rast, which is Justin Timberlake's line.... Dude. If Justin Timberlake had shown up, I'd probably be in jail right now because I would have rushed the stage like I was crazy. I'm actually thankful he didn't show up, because I don't want to go to jail. I don't feel like it.
* * *
After the fashion show/concerts, we headed over to the super swanky Seldom Blues, where one of the after parties was taking place. We had a great time dancing it up and scoping out all the beautiful people. I even got a pic with one of the hottie models from the show!! I decided that we'd have beautiful children. I should have gotten his name so
I could have at least stalked him properly.
* * *

* * *

After getting home at maybe 2am.... I got up at 7am to make it to 8am church service (see, I'm a good girl). After which, I spent the entire day at the 2008 North American International Auto Show. I think partying until 2-3am when you have to be at work early the next morning is some right of passage... like I'm officially a woman or something... or I can rent a car, I don't know. Talk about TIRED. But as Tim Gunn says, "Make it Work," so I did!
* * *



* * *
The auto show continued through Monday evening (and of course, I again stayed up late Sunday night so that I remained sleep deprived through Monday). All in all, the show wasn't too terribly exciting. It's always nice to be there during media days because of all the free food and drinks and what not, but the cars were pretty so-so. I did end up meeting a hottie while I was there though, and we went on two dates later in the week... so that made the
Auto Show more exciting.
* * *
So in spending time with the hottie, who was staying at the MGM Grand, I got to go there and hang out for the first time since it was renovated. It was very nice. I think after these past two weekends in particular, I'll go there and book a spa appointment or something. I need it.


A complete slide show of all the pictures from that weekend are posted on Flikr.

The theme song for this post is:
"Flashing Lights," by Kanye West.
Click below to hear this track as you read.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you had so much fun! Way jealous of how close you got to Adam Levine.

~Kara

omnichelle said...

Yes, we did end up making out after the show too, but I decided to keep those pictures to myself. (Thanks for commenting Kara!!! Awesome lady!)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! The male models were absolutely yummy:-)

omnichelle said...

They were SO yummy! Depressingly yummy. Am I the only one like that? I see really attractive guys and I get sad for some reason? lol! Cause you know it's a very rare occurance? (thanks for commenting B!!! xoxo)

RoTurn's This and That said...

Karla,
I'm so glad your Blog is back! So who was your cutie? Which guy is it? Sounds like you are having an awesome time. We should have a girls weekend in DC when Tolice moves.

omnichelle said...

Hey Rochie!! We should seriously do that. Keep me posted on when you plan to go visit her, because I know I definitely will before she moves to her next location. Just e-mail me: ominous_aura@yahoo.com

(and thanks for commenting!!)