Friday I worked, then afterward got an oil change and spent the remainder of the day hanging out with my good friend Tolice. I really enjoyed hanging at her cribbo with her family. A lot of her relatives showed up as well, so her mother and aunt made dinner, and her cousin—who is somewhat of a superb amateur chef in his spare time—made Bananas Foster. It was DELICIOUS! I was so pissed I didn’t have my camera! Seeing him fry bananas and then set them on fire while they were in the frying pan was really something.
Saturday, I had to go to the bank to wire some money to a bank in Japan for one of the hotels I’ll be staying at. That was fun. (I’m being sarcastic). Then I got my hair and eyebrows done, came home and cleaned the kitchen, my room and bathroom, ate a salad, then went to hang out with a bunch of my co-workers in Canada. Good times. Man those kids got toasted. I realized that I’m rarely around drunken people. It’s quite an experience. Not one though that I’d like to repeat often. Drunken people make me nervous.
Sunday I went to 8am church service, which, as always, was great (no sarcasm here). Then I went to the Japanese grocer and bought some delicious sushi!!! SOOO GOOOD!!!! Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I love sushi for three reasons:
1. It’s delicious. Clearly depending on where you get it though. Not all sushi is created equal. Trust me.

(This is the DEE-Licious sushi I had Sunday!)
* * *
2. It’s beautiful. Again, with the disclaimer that it is quality sushi, most itame-san’s (sushi chef) put great care and effort into these little hand-crafted rolls and pieces. The miniaturized organization of the veggies and seafood within each roll and the starch white rice make for eye-catching, colorful and creative combinations.
* * *
* * *
3. It’s healthy! I think that’s the best part. Guilt-free delicious eating! I can usually handle 2.5 rolls, and maybe some miso soup, and I’ll be plenty full. But it’s not the same full as, say, when you eat a burger and fries or some chicken. It’s full like, “I’m fulfilled, and yet I can go and jog three miles.” As opposed to, “I’m fulfilled. Now please unbutton my pants so that I can fall asleep right here.”
* * *
* * *
Continuing with the food theme, saving for my Japan trip has seriously made me buckle down on my spending. Meaning, I’m not nearly eating as much fast food as I used to. I’d eat out for lunch just about every day, sometimes buying dinner as well. That crap adds up. I’ve been going grocery shopping regularly now and getting creative with my meals when the pickings in the house get slim.
Just as an example, I made myself a salad that turned out pretty delicious the other week. It was quite yummy.
* * *

(salad before and after mixing. The bacon came out great!)
* * *
I’ve also been making dinner more. I tend to use shallots a lot when I cook… not really because I like the way they taste, but more for decorative purposes. They just make things look fancier to me.
* * *
(chicken I fried with olive oil and threw some
shallots on top for dramatics)
* * *
Anyway, that’s all for now. Ciao dudes.
Additional Note: My friend Tolice is going through a difficult time, as her dad is currently facing difficulties with his health. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment